Ansible is a DevOps tool which automates software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment. It is used to set up and manage infrastructure and applications.
Here, is a curated list of top 8 tools that can easily replace Ansible. This list includes commercial as well as open-source tools with popular features and latest download link.
Rudder is a DevOps solution for continuous configuration and auditing. It is easy to use web-driven solution for IT automation.
- Workflow offers various user options like non-expert users, expert users, and managers
- Automate common system administration tasks such as installation and configuration
- Enforce configuration over time
- Provide Inventory of all managed nodes
- Web interface for configuring and managing nodes
- Compliance reporting by configuration or by node
Download link: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/
SaltStack is configuration management and orchestration tool. It enables system administrators to automate server provisioning and management tasks.
Here, is a curated list of top 8 tools which is capable of replacing Wrike. This list includes commercial and open-source tools with popular features and latest download link.
- It offers a simple programming interface
- Prebuilt modules to support 100s of applications
- Powerful API interacts easily with other systems
- SaltStack is designed to handle ten thousand minions per master
Download link: https://www.saltstack.com/
3) Puppet Enterprise
Puppet enterprise tool eliminates manual work for software delivery process. It helps developer to deliver great software rapidly
- Puppet enterprise tool eliminates manual work for software delivery process. It helps developer to deliver great software rapidly
- Model and manage your entire environment
- Intelligent orchestration and visual workflows
- Real-time context-aware reporting
- Define and continually enforce infrastructure
- It inspects and reports on packages running across infrastructure
- Desired state conflict detection and remediation
Download link: https://puppet.com/download-puppet-enterprise
Chef is a useful DevOps tool for achieving speed, scale, and consistency. It is a Cloud based system. It can be used to ease out complex tasks and perform automation.
- Accelerate cloud adoption
- Effectively manage data centers
- It can manage multiple cloud environments
- It maintains high availability
Download link: https://downloads.chef.io/
CFEngine is a DevOps tool for IT automation. It is an ideal tool for configuration management. It helps teams to automate large-scale complex infrastructure.
- Provides rapid solution with the execution time less than one second
- An open source configuration solution with an unmatched security record
- It conducted billions of compliance checks in large-scale production environments
- It allows deploying a model-based configuration change across 50,000 servers in very few minutes
Download link: https://cfengine.com/product/free-download/
6) Gitlab CI
GitLab CI is a part of GitLab. It is a web application with an API that stores its state in a database. It manages projects and provides a friendly user interface, besides offering the advantage of all the features of GitLab.
- GitLab Container Registry is a secure registry for Docker images
- GitLab offers a convenient way to change metadata of an issue or merge request without adding slash commands in the comment field
- It provides APIs for most features, so it allows developers to create deeper integrations with the product
- Helps developers to put their idea into production by finding areas of improvement in their development process
- It helps you to keep your information secure with Confidential Issues
- Internal projects in GitLab allow promoting inner sourcing of internal repositories.
Download link: https://about.gitlab.com/installation/
Jenkins is an open-source continuous integration tool. It is written using the Java programming language. It facilitates real-time testing and reporting on isolated changes in a larger code base. This software helps developers to quickly find and solve defects in their code base & automate testing of their builds.
- Provide support to scale out to a large number of nodes and distribute the workload equally among them
- Easily updated with all OS and versions of Linux, Mac OS or Windows
- It offers easy installation as Jenkins comes as a WAR file all you need to drop into your JEE container and your setup up ready to run.
- Jenkins can be easily set up and configured with the help of its web interface
- It's can easily distribute work across several machines,
Download link: https://jenkins.io/download/
Codenvy automates applications or micro services to any number of servers. It fully automates deployments of text and binary files from any number of target servers.
- It allows managing environment-specific configuration parameters for your application
- It allows generating command-line installers to be used for deployments on any environment
- This software development tool eliminates the need for installation & configuration.
- It takes out many operational risks in the software development process
- The friendly web interface lets configure deployments efficiently and painlessly
- It supports a broad range operating systems including Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris, etc.
Download link: https://codenvy.com/