Before we learn Automation Anywhere, lets understand-
Automation is a technique of making devices, a process or a system to operate automatically.
There are four automation categories
- Macro recorders
- Application-level macro recorders
- Business Process Automation
- Robotic Process Automation
In this tutorial, you will learn
- What is Automation?
- What is RPA?
- What is Automation Anywhere?
- Automation Anywhere Architecture
- Types of Automation Anywhere Bots
- Features of Automation Anywhere
- Applications using Automation Anywhere
- Why Automation Anywhere?
Robotic Process Automation(RPA) is software that can mimic the action of a human user. It performs actions on a PC to automate business processes which are highly repetitive and rule-based.
Automation Anywhere is one of the popular RPA vendors offering powerful & user-friendly RPA capabilities to automate any complex tasks. It is one of the "Revolutionary Technology" that changes the way the enterprise operates. This tool combines conventional RPA with intellectual elements like natural language understanding and reading any unstructured data.
Automation Anywhere allows organizations to automate the processes which are performed by the humans. It is a Web-Based Management System which uses a Control Room to run the Automated Tasks. Automation Anywhere tool can automate ends to end business operations for companies.
Automation Anywhere Architecture has 3 primary components
- Control Room
- Bot Creator
- Bot Runner
Control room- is a web-based platform that controls the Automation Anywhere. In other words, it's the Server that controls Automation Anywhere bots.
Apart from that the control room deal with
- User management
- Source control : code for the bots is managed by the control room. So it becomes easy to share the code across different systems.
- Dashboard- It gives complete analytics/results of Automation Anywhere bots. You can see how many bots are runs and how bot failed/passed etc. is controlled.
- License Management: The purchased licenses for Automation Anywhere are configured in the Control Room.
There are 2 types of Licenses in Automation Anywhere
- Dev License: If you got this license, you can create a bot, edit bot and run a bot.
- Run License: If you have this kind of license you can run the bot and, you will not make any changes.
Bot Creator- Developers use Desktop based applications to create bots. Their dev licenses are checked with that configured in the control room. On authentication, the code of the bots they create is stored in the control room. Different developers may create individual tasks/bots. These bots could be merged and executed at once.
Bot Runner - The Bot Runner is the machine where you run the bot. You could have multiple bots running in parallel. You only need the Run License to run the bots. The bots report back the execution logs/pass/fail status back to the control room.
Other important components of Automation Anywhere
The tool shows statistic and display graphs to analyze the performance of every bot in the system. Here, you can also calculate the time you have saved because of the automation process.
BotFarm is integrated with Automation Anywhere Enterprise. It allows you to create multiple bots. Moreover, you can also give these boats on the rental basis.
Bot Store is a first digital workforce marketplace. Here, you will get lots of pre-built bots for every type of business automation.
Task bots are bots which automate rule-based, repetitive task, in areas like document administration, HR, claims management, IT services and more. This leads to immediate improvement in productivity, error reduction, and cost saving.
Meta bots are the automation building blocks. It is designed in such a way that with application updates or changes you need to make minimal edits to the bot. Changes automatically apply to any process utilizing that bot.
It is an advanced tool. It can learn on its own and perform a task according to it. IQ Bot offers automation using the highly advanced cognitive technology. It works on the concept to organize an unstructured data while improving its skills and performance.
- Intelligent automation for business and IT tasks
- Uses SMART Automation Technology
- Rapidly Automates complex and complicated tasks
- Create automation tasks like recording keyboard strokes and mouse clicks
- Distribute tasks to multiple computers
- Automation Anywhere offers scriptless automation
- Auto-login runs scheduled tasks on anytime, even when the computer is locked.
|Industry||Application of Automation Anywhere|
|Financial/Accounting||Invoice processing, reporting, auditing, etc.|
|HR||Automating tasks in PeopleSoft. Email notifications, populating.|
|Operations/IT||Creating accounts, software set-up, batch processing, system integrations, etc.|
|Sales||Creating and printing invoices, add, modify and removing customer data into CRM.|
|Marketing||Creating lead generation reports and monitoring social sentiment.|
|Manufacturing||Inventory management. Excel automation. ERP integration.|
|Government||Verification process, populating subcontractor forms, automating daily reports, etc.|
|Healthcare||Patient data migration and process rig. Reporting for doctors, medical Ml processing, insurance data automaton and claim processing, claim status, and patient record storage.|
|Consumer goods||Order processing, data entry, claims to process. FTP automation, incentive claims processing.|
|Hospitality||Price analysis of competitors, guest data processing, data verification, payment processing, etc.|
|Retail||Gather product details from manufacturer's site, updating online inventory and importing website and email sales.|
Automation anywhere tool should be used because of following reasons:
- No programming knowledge is required. You can record your actions, or point and click the action wizards.
- Eliminates the element of the human error
- Increases transaction speed and allows to save time and costs
- Quick Time to Value, Non-intrusive
- Helps you to automate data transfers and import or export data between files or applications.
- Scale from Desktop to Data Center
- Automation Anywhere is one of the popular RPA vendors offering powerful & user-friendly RPA capabilities to automate any complex tasks
- Automation Anywhere Architecture has 3 primary components 1) Control Room 2) Bot Creator and 3) Bot Runner
- Three Automation Anywhere bots are IQ bot, Meta bot, and Task bot
- Automation Anywhere rapidly Automates complex and complicated tasks
- Automation Anywhere is used in diverse industries such as Finance, HR, Sales, Manufacturing, etc.
- It increases transaction speed and allows to save time and costs