Following are the Most Frequently asked Questions by Guru99 Community
- Not Able to See Videos?
- I did not get email for the project
- If I got a bug in an application who will decide the severity and priority of a bug?
- What will you do if there is no Funct.Spec/any documents related to the system?
- What can a tester do if he finds a show stopping issue on few days before the release?
- Why do you choose the field of software quality assurance?
All videos on this site are hosted on youtube.com and embedded here ...
You are probably accessing the website from a location where youtube is banned (your company ,college, or a country where youtube is banned)
Try accessing the videos from an unrestricted environment.
Also check you have latest version of Adobe Flash player installed
You do NOT need to register to see the videos.
Please note project emails are sent at an interval of 24 hours. So if you subscribed on 10PM Thursday, you will get the next email at 10PM Friday.
Please check your Junk or Spam Mailbox. If you are using gmail, do check the Promotions Tab
Our system does not have a feature to resend emails. If you still do not trace the emails, subscribe with another email id to get the content.
Severity of Defect is determined by the person who identifies the problem (tester), while the priority is determined by the person who is involved in fixing the problem (Developers).
As a tester, you can prioritize the defects which is usually reviewed by the test lead. The developers after analyzing will decide whether it is a high priority or low priority defect. Most of the time, its done by the developer, but the tester can also involve in it to explain its severity. After discussion, leads will come to a conclusion.
Severity is basically related to the functionality of the application or product. While the priority is how immediately developer can fix that bug or defect. Priority is dynamic in nature, and it will change according to the scenario while severity is static in nature.
- First try to understand the domain with business analysts or SMEs. Do exploratory testing to understand the system.
- If the project does not have Business Analyst or SMEs, talk to the people worked on the similar systems.
- To understand the business talk to the user community
- Find out similar product specification from internet or PMO
- Look for the same type of application software and understand the features
- Look for some important business scenarios, alternative documents, articles for application topics
- Ask the explanation about all the modules to developers
- User historical data, application, and features
- Do not test the application technically, first test your application only from a user perspective
- Confirm and re-confirm the Defect again and document the bug or defect, the impact and the possible solution, if you can.
- Bring this to your manager attention and discuss with the Team, since such a show stopper is being unknown to the team a week before its release is not good.
- Once the Defect reaches your manager and higher testing authorities, you might need to put your point infront of them, so be thorough with your point as this could leave an impact on the release.
- If the discussion supports you, it your time to rise and shine. If not, you have a lesson learnt for the day as a takeaway. Keep Learning.
To provide quality projects to end users or client, testing is mandatory, regardless of whatever coding it involves. Software QA not only log the bugs but also provide solutions for those bugs.
In QA field, testers should be aware of the entire functionalities of the application to be tested, this enables him to know about different types of application developed in different Environments even some basic concepts in programming. Knowledge will be wider when we do testing, but it will be narrow while doing programming. A developer might be developing just a small segment of the entire application and may not be aware of the application as a whole. In this case, I felt QA (tester’s) role is more interesting.
Did not find an Answer?