Keyword research tools help SEO (Search Engine Optimization) professionals to identify words or phrases people are using to find information in the search engines. These tools provide complete SEO information like keyword volume, competition, CPC, top ranking pages, etc. for a keyword. Though, most of the keyword research tools are paid and are expensive.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Free Keyword Research Tools, that are as good as paid tools. The list contains popular features and website links.
Ubersuggest is a free application that helps you to find more than 100 long-tail keywords in a few minutes. This tool provides complete insights related to your website traffic and organic keywords.
- It provides a complete SEO report to know the competitor's page ranking for keywords.
- You can discover organic keywords from other websites.
- Ubersuggest helps you to understand backlinks having the most impact on your rankings.
- You can see search volume, competition, and seasonal trends for every keyword.
- It offers a list of keywords based on what other people are typing into Google search engine.
- This tool helps you to develop better content based on the topics that people are interested in.
Answer the Public is a keyword generator that helps you to get the report with data to demonstrate the effectiveness of the campaign. This application supports the United States, Australia, Afghanistan, and more regions.
- It can find out 1500 PR keywords worldwide.
- This tool provides complete visualization of the data.
- You can enter any word in the search textbox, and this application will automatically give content suggestions.
- It supports numerous languages including, English, Polski, etc.
Soovle is a tool that provides suggestion services from Bing, Google, Amazon, Yahoo, etc. It suggests the trending keywords sorted in alphabetical order. This program helps you to save your keyword suggestions.
- You can easily switch from one search engine to another.
- It allows you to customize searching options.
- You can know suggestions by performing a search on the given search engine.
- You can reuse saved items in the future.
InstaKeywords is a keyword finding tool that gives you numerous keyword suggestions. It provides important data like a number of searches in last month, local search volume, competition score, etc.
- You can export all keywords in single click.
- Instakeywords allows you to search for keywords from mobile devices like Android phones and iPads.
- It does not contain any graphics or ads.
- This tool provides keywords and statistics on single page. You do not need to navigate or reload pages.
- Instakeywords helps you to find long term keywords.
5) Google Trends
Google Trends is an online application that analyzes the popularity of top search queries in Google. You can use it to find across various languages and regions. This tool uses graphs to compare the search of various queries.
- You can know daily search trends and real time search trends.
- It provides various categories like news, people, athletes, beauty, food, fashion, etc.
- Google Trends gives year-wise statistics.
- It helps you to know the interest of other people at any given time and compare search rank to one another.
- This application automatically detects topics based on the search keyword.
- It offers a drop-down menu to switch between trending and most searched views.
Keyword Tool Dominator enables you to search long-tail keywords your audience is searching for. It provides keyword tools for eBay, Amazon, etc. You can use this application to get a list of more than a hundred keyword phrases.
- It provides real time keyword suggestions.
- You can find hundreds of keyword suggestions in lesser time.
- Keyword Tool Dominator enables you to search phrases from one search term.
- This application predicts the result from other people who use the internet.
- It offers a list of the result of what it thinks you are searching for.
- You can see the exact most popular search terms.
Keysearch is a program that helps you to find relevant, low competition keyword for website or blog. It provides numerous ways to get your import phrases. This tool fetches keywords suggested by Google, Amazon, and YouTube. You can use it to get in-depth keyword competition analysis.
- You can search for five keywords per day.
- It enables you to check the backlink of your website.
- You can audit your web page.
- This tool enables you to create reports and notifications to get ranking updates.
- Keysearch provides a video tutorial to know how it works.
- You can track the rank of your website.
- It automatically updates frequently.
WordStream is a simple tool that enables you to research keywords just by entering a keyword or website URL. It sources data through the Google keyword research API. This application allows you to filter out the result by industry.
- It provides a result with a competition score and estimated CPC (Cost Per Click)
- You can download a keyword list in CSV (comma-separated values) file format.
- It allows you to upload a downloaded file into Google Ads.
- This tool helps you to drive traffic through paid search advertising or online search.
- You can link your Google Ads account securely using an authentication protocol.
- Wordstream shows the top 10 keywords.
- It provides a tool for getting ideas, including PPC (Pay Per Click) keyword, and long-tail keywords (three and four keywords), etc.
9) Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a tool for building search network campaigns. It helps you to choose competitive bids and budgets to use with your organization. This tool offers keyword ideas and website traffic forecasts.
- You can search keywords depending on the phrase that is relevant to service, product, or website.
- It provides statistics that help you to make any decision for using a keyword for existing or new campaigns.
- This tool allows you to add words, phrases, and webpage URLs.
- Google keyword planner offers a list of average monthly searches.
- It allows you to see visualizations by platforms, locations, and search volume trends.
- You can download ideas suggested by this tool.
10) Keyword Shitter
Keyword Shitter enables you to generate a query of the medium/long-tail keywords. You do not require any sign-in or download to use this tool.
- It provides ideas for your blogs or article.
- You can import a large list of keywords in bulk.
- This tool allows you to copy-paste keywords or upload a CSV file.
- It examines Keywords for competition analysis.
- You can find the competitor's URLs for further analyses.
- It provides page metadata, page topics, etc.
11) Keyword In
Keyword In is an easy to use tool that enables you to find new keywords to improve your website for SEO. This application helps you to build a list of targeted keywords for PPC program or Google Adwords.
- Users can combine your keywords in three ways, i.e. broad match, phrase match, or an exact match.
- It allows users to generate keywords for SEO and PPC.
- This tool checks for all possible keyword combinations by performing a single step.