Following is a handpicked list of Top Mobile Automation Tools , with their popular features and download links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Kobiton gives users full control of real mobile devices during manual testing with support for multi-touch gestures, orientation and GPS simulations, camera and speaker control and device connection management. With automatically generated activity logs, Kobiton captures all the actions performed during a testing session so issues can be identified and resolved more quickly. Users can purchase prepaid testing minutes that never expire for just $10.
- The latest real, cloud-based devices and configurations
- Centralized testing history and data logs for increased collaboration
- Internal Device Lab Management to more effectively utilizes internal devices
- Support for Appium 1.6.4
- Simplified user experience to streamline test sessions
- Easy to try with Free Trial – no credit card required
TestProject is the world's first free cloud-based, a community-powered test automation platform that enables users to test Web, Android and iOS applications on all operating systems, effortlessly. Easily collaborate with your team using Selenium and Appium to ensure quality with speed. Use advanced built-in recording capabilities, create and use addons (automation actions shared by the entire community), or develop coded tests using TestProject's powerful SDK, all completely for FREE!
- No complex setups or configurations
- No coding skills required to get started
- Share and reuse addons with your team and the entire community
- Detailed report dashboards
- Seamless integrations with your CI/CD workflow
Solve your Mobile test automation challenges with Squish for iOS and Squish for Android. Squish features dedicated support for automated testing of native Mobile Apps, mobile Web Apps as well as a mixture of both.
Due to Squish’s unique and stable object identification methods, Squish tests can run on mobile device emulators and different real devices without any changes. Unlike many other test tools, Squish does not require you to jailbreak or root the device. Instead, you can get started with automated GUI testing of your mobile Apps right away!
- Advanced gesture support
- Ready for Testing in the Cloud
- Support for embedded web content
- CI and source control integration
- End-to-End and IoT testing
TestingBot provides real mobile device testing in the cloud. Run automated and manual tests on physical Android and iOS devices in TestingBot's device farm.
- Support for latest Appium and Selenium versions
- Integrates with your CI/CD pipelines
- Live interaction with physical iOS and Android devices
- Test on older devices, new devices and upcoming beta versions
- Access to screenshots, video and various other metrics of the device during testing
- Starts at $49 per month for unlimited mobile testing.
Apptim empowers mobile developers and testers to easily test their apps and analyze their performance in each build to prevent critical issues from going live. Measure app render times, power consumption, resource usage, capture crashes, errors, and more on Android and iOS devices.
- Android and iOS compatible
- Easily troubleshoot app crashes and exceptions
- Compare app performance of two different builds to find out what changed and identify potential new performance issues
- Integrates with JIRA out of the box and your workflow
- Free to use
- Get your first results in just 5 minutes
HeadSpin provides real-world, actionable user experience insights for businesses to improve mobile performance. HeadSpin prepares you for the increasing challenges in dealing with customer experiences across the complex mobile ecosystem by providing detailed visibility into performance and user experience issues across every layer of the mobile stack - from client to server.
- Thousands of real devices in 150+ locations around the world (No device jailbreaking, rooting, no virtual machines)
- No SDK for you to expand your code base. All via API access.
- AI engine automatically organizes performance issues from largest to smallest time impact
- Pre- and post-launch visibility
- Cloud and on-premise setup available
- Dedicated, shared or pay-as-you-go access available
- Load testing available
- 100% uptime on devices
7) Appium (iOS/Android Testing Tool)
Appium is an open source, and a cross platform test automation tool for the hybrid and native iOS, it supports Android versions from 2.3 onwards. Appium works like a server running in the background like selenium server.
Appium automates Android using the UIAutomator library, which is given by Google as part of the Android SDK. On mobile devices, it can control Safari and Chrome. It can be synchronized with testing framework TestNG. In this case, UI Automator can produce informative and detailed reports, similar to reports generated by Ranorex
- Due to the use of standard automation APIs on all platforms, you don't have to modify or recompile your app in any way
- You can use any testing framework
- Easy to setup on a different platform
- Supports various languages like Ruby, Java, PHP, Node, Python
- It does not require anything to be installed on the device
- You can still use Selenium Webdriver JSON wire protocol
- You don't have to re-compile mobile app on a different platform
- With the help of Java, it can be integrated with other tools
Selendroid is a test automation framework that drives off the UI of Android native and hybrid applications (apps) and the mobile web. Using the Selenium 2 client API tests are written.
Benefits of Selendroid
- It is fully compatible with JSON wire protocol
- No alteration of app under test is needed to automate it
- Same concept for automating native or hybrid apps
- By different locator types, UI elements can be found
- It can interact with multiple Android devices at the same time
- Selendroid supports hot plugging of hardware devices
- By different locator types, UI elements can be found
Selendroid comes with a useful tool known as Selenium Inspector. It allows you to inspect the current state of your app's UI.
Monkeyrunner tool provides an API for writing programs that control an Android device or emulator from outside of Android code. This tool comes after robotium in respect to performance. The tests are written in Python, for creating tests one may use a recording tool.
The only set-backs of MonkeyRunner is that it is necessary to write scripts for each device and the tests require adjustments each time when user interface of the tested program is changed.
Benefits of MonkeyRunner
- It can control multiple devices
- In order to automate tests, one does not have to deal with the source code
- It can be used for Automated functional testing
- Monkeyrunner can be used for regression testing as well
- Jython allows MonkeyRunner API to interact with the Android application
Calabash consists of libraries that allow test-code to programmatically interact with native and hybrid apps.
- It provides APIs that are specialized to native apps running on touch screen devices
- It consists of libraries that allow test-code to programmatically interact with native and hybrid apps
- It supports framework cucumber, which makes it easier to understand by business experts and non-technical QA staff
KIF is objective C based framework and is purely for iOS automated testing. Kif is an automation framework which integrates directly with XCTests. It can be used when business folk are not involved in writing or reading test specs.
- It has got active community and good support
- Integrates seamlessly with XCTests and KIF comes with an "KIFtestCase" which you can use in place of "XCTTestCase"
- KIF accesses UI elements by their accessibility labels
- Everything is in one language Objective C, so it is easier for pure iOS developer's to pickup
- It has got impressive command line and CI
- It has pretty reasonable support for gestures
Testdroid is a cloud-based mobile application testing tool that helps developers to save costs behind app development, speed up time to market the product and reduce operational and unpredictable costs. It is the fastest way to test your application against various real Android and iOS devices with different HW platforms, screen resolutions, and OS versions. The price range varies from $499- $4999/ month as per requirement. It is one of the solid mobile game testing platforms for Android and iOS games. It allows remote manual access to over 300 real devices running Android before an app is launched.
Benefits of Testdroid
- It saves in App development costs
- Minimizes the risks with real devices and agile testing
- Reduce operational and unpredictable costs
- Improve app rating and daily active users
???? Which factors should you consider while selecting a Mobile automation tool?
You should consider the following factors before selecting a tool
- Desired Platform Support: Android or iOS
- License Cost if applicable
- In case of an outsourcing project, you need to factor customer/Client Preference of the mobile tool
- The cost involved in training employees on tool
- Hardware/Software requirements of the tool
- Support and Update policy of the mobile tool vendor.
???? How to select the best Mobile App Automation Tool?
Here, is a simple process to determine the best tool for your project needs
- Identify the tests that need to be automated
- Research and analyze the automation tools that meet your automation needs
- Do a pilot for two best tools as per your requirements and budget.
- Based on results of pilot, shortlist 1 tool
- Discuss the chosen automation tools with other stakeholders, explain the choice, and get their approval
- Proceed to test automation
There is no best tool in the market. You need to find the best tool for your mobile test automation project goals.
???? Why choosing the correct mobile tool is important?
There are many Mobile Automation Testing tools available. Some of them are free while some are expensive. Some of these automation tools were created long ago, while some have just made it into the market. Each tool is unique and possesses specific characteristics.
A broad range of automation tools makes it difficult to select the best one for a project, and often tester's end up with tools that do not conform to project requirements. Hence, choosing the right tool for your project is very important.