Whether it is about capturing requirements, designing test cases, test execution reports, informing other team-members about Testing progress etc. a test management tool is mandatory. Even small error in recording these details may lead to catastrophic effect and failure of the project. So, to manage all these details some test management tools can come very handy and useful. Let see some of the best test management and QA tools.
Zephyr is the #1 selling test management tool, providing end-to-end solutions for agile teams of all sizes. Get the flexibility, visibility, and insights you need to release better software FASTER
- 1-click Integration with JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bamboo, and more
- Cloud, Server, and Data Center Deployment Options
- Advanced Analytics and DevOps Dashboards
- No Annual Commitment Required
Hiptest is a continuous testing platform for Agile and DevOps teams that enables teams to collaborate on an idea, test code continuously and generate living documentation from real-time insights. Hiptest is used by over 25,000 users in 140 countries.
- Native BDD support to align your team and streamline workflows and living documentation of your product
- Automate your tests with a selection of over 20+ frameworks supported including: Cucumber, Specflow, Java/Junit, Selenium, and more!
- CI/CD pipeline integrations with tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, TravisCI, Shippable, and more
- Scenario editor, reusable steps, and easy test refactoring for painless test creation
- Free fast, expert support along with a dedicated customer success team
PractiTest is an end-to-end test management tool. A common meeting ground for all QA stakeholders, it enables full visibility into the testing process and a deeper broader understanding of testing results.
- A vast array of third-party integrations with common bug trackers, automation tools, and robust API for the rest.
- Fully customizable & flexible for the ever-changing needs of QA teams: customize fields, views, permissions, issue workflows and more
- Reuse tests and correlate results across different releases and products.
- Unique hierarchical filter trees - organize everything and find anything quickly.
- Never work twice - with anti-bug duplicates, permutations, step parameters and call to test
- Visualize data with advanced dashboards and reports
- Fast professional and methodological support
TestRail provides comprehensive test case management to help you organize testing efforts and get real-time insights into testing activity. Powerful reports and metrics enable QA teams to increase productivity and deliver fast feedback.
- Easily track the status of individual tests.
- Measure progress with informative dashboards and activity reports
- Compare results across multiple test runs, configurations, and milestones
- Track team workload to adjust assignments and resources
- Highly customizable, with cloud-based or on-premise installation options
- Integrate with defect tracking and collaboration solutions such as Atlassian Jira, FogBugz, Bugzilla, Axosoft, GitHub, and TFS; and with leading test automation tools including Ranorex Studio.
ReQtest is a cloud-based test management tool that supports the testing team in overcoming the testing challenges and managing testing priorities. It is one of the leading ALM tools with test management capabilities. ReQtest offers an integrated test module to plan and execute tests easily. JIRA integration feature to improve the testing outcomes.
- Integrated test suite to plan, execute and follow up test cases
- Pre-filled and customized forms to write better test cases
- Report bugs instantly
- Extensive reporting with built-in charts & diagrams
- Get real-time insights to boost productivity
- Link requirements to test cases, test cases to test runs, bugs to test runs & more
Testpad is a simpler and perhaps more accessible kind of test management tool that prioritises pragmatism over process. Instead of managing cases one at a time, it uses checklist-inspired test plans that can be as formal or informal as required; adapting to a wide range of styles including Exploratory testing, the manual side of Agile, syntax highlighted BDD, and even traditional TCM.
- Guest testers, invited by email, who don’t need accounts
- Simple enough to use by non-testers; get everyone to help at release time
- Drag’n’drop organisation of test plans
- Add new tests during testing, as you think of new ideas
- Lightweight integration with issue trackers, including JIRA
Xray is the #1 Manual & Automated Test Management App for QA. It’s a full-featured tool that lives inside and seamlessly integrates with Jira. Its aim is to help companies improve the quality of their products through effective and efficient testing.
- Traceability between requirements, tests, defects, executions
- Define reusable preconditions and associate to tests
- Organize tests in folders and test sets
- Test plans for tracking progress
- Test environments
- BDD - Write Cucumber scenarios in Jira
- Integrates with test automation frameworks (Selenium, JUnit, Nunit, Robot, …)
- Built-in REST API
- CI integrations (Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Built-in reports
8) Test Collab
Test Collab is a modern test management tool trusted by hundreds of enterprises.
- Simple and easy interface to manage your test cases.
- Seamless integration with bug tracking tool like Jira, Redmine, Asana, Mantis etc...
- Integration with any test automation tool
- In built time tracking and forecasting.
- Automatic creation of various combinations for your testing parameters, so you don't have to waste your precious time in creating multiple test executions.
- Automatic screenshot recorder, captures the screenshot of the issue and automatically uploads & link it to the test your tester is working on.
Requirements and Test Management for Jira brings the whole software project inside Atlassian suite. The app enables to gather Requirements, write Test Cases, define Test Plans, track Test Executions, and report Defects inside Jira instance. The familiar UI helps quickly adjust to the look and feel and doesn't require additional training.
Features and benefits:
- 3-step configuration
- Workflow, JQL search and Agile boards support
- Relations between all app’s objects as well as regular Jira issues
- Customizable tree-structured view for each module
- Streamlined process from collecting Requirements to creating Defects
- Reusable Test Plans
- Traceability Matrix, Test Coverage, and Test Case Execution reports
TestMonitor is an end-to-end test management tool for every organization. A simple, intuitive approach to testing. Whether you’re implementing enterprise software, need QA, building a quality app or just need a helping hand in your test project, TestMonitor has you covered.
- Requirement and risk-based testing.
- Advanced test case design capable of supporting thousands of cases.
- Robust planning tools with multi-tester runs and milestone cloning.
- Comprehensive result tracking.
- Integrated issue management.
- Smart reporting with many filter and visualization options.
- Revolutionary simple UI.
- Third-party integrations featuring Jira, DevOps, and Slack. REST API included.
- Professional support with quick response time.
Qase is a modern cloud-based test management tool designed for QA and development teams with a clean and intuitive user interface. Free to use without any limits on projects, test cases, or test runs. Premium support for all users.
- Organize your test cases and suites into a hierarchical tree
- Shared steps reduce the time for test case composition
- Smart wizard for a test run will boost your test process
- Compose a test plan and assign test cases to your teammates
- Jira, Redmine, Youtrack, GitHub and Slack integrations
- Rest API to interact and Webhooks to get notified
- Custom fields for test cases
- UI theming (including Night theme)
Klaros-Testmanagement is a proven and popular test management software from Germany which is used by teams worldwide to manages their testing activities. It covers all areas of the test process: test planning, test creation, test execution, assignment and tracking of test tasks, test evaluation and report creation. Klaros integrates with tools for defect and requirements management, continuous integration, test automation and load/performance testing.
- Free Community Edition and extended Enterprise Edition
- Server or hosted cloud
- Integration with JIRA, Redmine, GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins, QF-Test, Selenium, JUnit, JMeter, and more
- Reusable and modular test case design
- Powerful reporting interface
IBM Rational Quality Manager
IBM Rational Quality Manger can be used for automation to accelerate project schedules and report on metrics for informed release decisions. It can be used for tracking online test management, maintaining simple online library, tracking engineering releases, customer releases, etc. It is independent of platform, and it enables managing QA project effectively
HP QC has been the most used test management software; it has all the features necessary in many ways. It is one of the high-end tools that provides robust tracking and reporting. ALM can also connect with an e-mail system and send e-mail for any changes to desired team members.
It is an open source and web-based test management tool. The tool includes planning, reporting, test specification, planning, reporting and requirement tracking. To track progress of the project, reports and charts are available while additional features include assigning keywords, specifying requirements and events log.
Important features of TestLink includes
- Charts Support
- Metrics Support
- Test creation and execution
- User-friendly UI
- Defect Recording
It is designed to avoid common errors faced while testing like bugs, slippage and regression due to inefficiencies in managing the tests. It provides integrated management with data stored in MySQL, and it allows scheduling and running fully automated or manual test campaigns. It can be integrated with all the continuous integration platforms.
Test lodge provides basic four aspects Test Plans, Requirements, Test Suites & Cases, and Test Runs. It has everything it requires to manage test cases while test plans can be generated quickly with ease. Testlodge can be integrated with your existing issue tracking tools to allow ticket and defect reports to be automatically created when a test case fails.
Borland Silk Central
Silk Central allows you to unify all test assets into one easy-to-use planning, tracking, reporting and execution hub. With silk central it is easy to recreate issues they have found.
Main features of Borland Silk Central
- Insight into test execution with TestBook
- Create a subscription and generate reports according to your schedule
- It allows testers to share comments and raise questions by posting comments as they test, directly to TestBook
Testuff is without limits- unlimited tests, testers, projects, and defects can be reported and managed. It is hightly secure and got full backed up environment. In testtuff, tests can be organized by projects, branches, and hierarchical suites. It also allows import and export data from Excel sheet.
Main features of Testtuff
- Integration with any number of bug trackers
- Communicate with team using Twitter integration
- Attach a video to defect reports
- Assign test to specific testers
- Shared steps
- Test Cycle planning using multiple labs
With Gemini, testers can relate their work with development team and customer incidents. Complex problems can be broken down into manageable items with no project limits. It is possible to assign items to multiple team members and also deliver any number of reports to any users or groups automatically. You can subscribe anyone to Gemini to receive notification related to product.
Gemini Main features
- Apps Framework
- Import and Export facility
- Test run records
Testopia is a test management extension of Bugzilla; it is designed for tracking test cases. You can also track the progression of weekly or release based testing done by various QA teams. Testopia allows you to create your own test cases, testing reports, and conduct test runs. It can help the QA members in speeding up the QA process, as it has a history of related defects for all its test cases.
Main Features of Testopia
- Test cases and results can be exported to CSV file
- Numerous bug fixes
- Uses the latest Extjs 3.0 library
- Set priorities on individual case runs
- Support XML export and import of test plans and children
- Relate to Bugzilla elements
- Make the connection between bugs and test cases
Fitnesse is a test framework that allows testers, developers and customers to collaborate to create test cases on wiki. This tool is a testing as well as the documentation tool and enables testers, customers, and programmers to create test cases in a platform independent way. Fitnesse works well with almost all programming languages and environment.
RTH-Turbo is an extension of RTH testing management tool. It allows requirement management, defect tracking, test case management, create test plan and analyze the test result. This tool is originally based on TestDirector form HP/Mercury.
Main Features of RTH-Turbo
- Test Case / Test Suite Writing
- Requirement management facility
- Requirement to release the association
- Support to integrate this tool with any test automation tool like Load Runner or Win Runner
Tarantula is an open source test management tool for managing software testing in agile software projects. It supports integration with JIRA, BugZilla, and Doors.
- Tags and Smart Tags for efficient agile testing
- Realtime dashboard views and reporting
- Case version history
- Traceability from requirements to defects
Stryka is an enterprise grade Test Management Tool available on desktop, mobile, and smart watches. Key features of Stryka are
- No installation required. It’s a SaSS tool.
- Adapts to any testing methodology. Supports Agile Testing and Continuous Delivery environments
- Robust Metric, Reporting, and Leaderboards
- Requirements Management, Defect Management & Manual/ Automated Test Execution all in one.
- Easy collaboration amongst all stakeholders
- Easy integration with popular testing tools like Selenium, Jira, Rally et.
Stryka is used by eBay, PepsiCo, Verizon, Vodafone and other fortune 500 companies.
Test Case Lab
Get a fresh look on test case management! When it comes to the best user experience, TestCaseLab gets the highest ranks. It is a tool which combines the incredible design with straightforward userflow. Now you won't waste your time learning the QA team on how to use the software, any user can start working instantly.
Besides that TestCaseLab offers a great pack of features required for every QA professional under very low prices. The cheapest plan starts from $28 / month and you won't need to pay extra charges per each user!
- Wide variety of test case properties
- Test Plans / Requirements
- Test Runs + assign users
- Advanced search
- Integration with: Jira, Redmine, Pivotal Tracker, Asana, YouTrack
- Export / Import
- Basic reporting / insights
- Activity stream, history log
- Real-time synchronisation
qTest Test Management is the #1 test management tool used by Agile testing teams. qTest provides an easy to learn, easy to use, scalable test management solution that allows testers to centralize, organize and speed up test management. qTest makes every step of the QA process simpler and more effective that includes:
- Managing requirements - full traceability between requirements and associated defects
- Test case repository - easily import, create, manage and organize test cases
- Executing test - manage test cycles, create and execute test runs
- Tracking defects - create custom queries to locate defects and export results into Excel
- Real-time, interactive out-of-the-box or customizable reports with advanced query capabilities
- Best-in-class, real-time JIRA integration at both the requirements and Defect levels
With over 10,000 users, 400 customers in 20+ countries, qTest is is one of the best test management solutions on the market today.
Meliora Testlab is easy to use but powerful Test management tool with all the required ALM features. Testlab offers excellent features to help you always make the right decisions - in design and testing phase. Testlab works perfectly with agile, DevOps and traditional projects.
- Full-featured requirements management module that allows you to design requirements/user stories or pull them real time from your tool of choice, such as JIRA.
- No-nonsense test design features that integrate to your requirements with more than just a link.
- Great visibility on testing in general. Testlab brings data on relevant views - no need to jump around the tool to find the information.
- Allows pulling automated tests and generate complete QA view combining manual testing, requirements, and findings.
- Fully customizable fields and workflows.
Apart from all these test management and QA tools there are few more tools but with limited features. Most of these tools provide just test case management and leave the bug tracking to be integrated via an external tool.
- VersionOne: It is a commercial product targeting the Agile projects. It has a test management module along with planning, reporting and others
- Aptest: It has all possible features one look into a test management tool
- Spiratest: This commercial tool integrates with automation and unit testing framework, comprising all the QA features in a single tool
- Test Wave: It is also a commercial product but does not require installation. This tool gives a facility to import your already existing requirements/test assets from excel sheets.
- Tosca : Tricentis Tosca Testsuite is an effective end-to-end testing suite for enterprises