A web crawler is an internet bot that browses WWW (World Wide Web). It is sometimes called as spiderbot or spider. The main purpose of it is to index web pages.
Web crawlers enable you to boost your SEO ranking visibility as well as conversions. It can find broken links, duplicate content, missing page titles, and recognize major problems involved in SEO. There is a vast range of web crawler tools that are designed to effectively crawl data from any website URLs. These apps help you to improve website structure to make it understandable by search engines and improve rankings.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Web Crawler with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
1) Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog is a website crawler that enables you to crawl the URLs. It helps you to analyze and audit technical and onsite SEO. You can use this tool to crawl upto 500 URLs for free.
- It instantly finds broken links and server errors.
- This tool helps you to analyze page titles and metadata.
- You can update and collect data from a web page using XPath (XML Path Language).
- Screaming Frog helps you to find duplicate content.
- You can generate XML Sitemaps (a list of your website's URLs).
- It allows you to integrate with Google Analytics, GSC (Google Search Console) & PSI (PageSpeed Insights).
- It can simplify web crawling job using SDK (System Development Kit).
- This tool automatically maintains queues of URLs to crawl.
- Apify can store crawling results into the cloud or local file system.
- You can schedule the code to run periodically and send notification on errors.
DeepCrawl is a cloud-based tool that helps you to read and crawl your website content. It enables you to understand and monitor the technical issues of the website to improve SEO performance.
- It supports multi-domain monitoring.
- This online web crawler provides customized dashboards.
- It helps you to index and discover your web pages.
- Deepcrawl enables you to increase the loading speed of your website.
- This app provides a ranking, traffic, and summary data to view the performance of the website.
4) WildShark SEO Spider Tool
WildShark SEO Spider Tool is a URL crawling app that helps you to identify pages with duplicate description tags. You can use it to find missing duplicate titles.
- Highlight missing H3 tags, title tags, and ALT tags.
- It helps you to improve on-page SEO performance.
- You can optimize your web page titles and descriptions.
- WildShark SEO Spider tool enables you to boost website conversion rates.
- This tool also looks for missing alt tags.
Scraper is a chrome extension that helps you to perform online research and get data into CSV file quickly. This tool enables you to copy data to the clipboard as a tab-separated value.
- It can fix the issue with spreadsheet titles ending.
- This tool can capture rows containing TDs (Tabular Data Stream).
- Scraper is easy to use tool for the people who are comfortable with XPath query language.
Sitechecker.pro is a website SEO checker that helps you to improve SEO ratings. It provides on-page SEO audit report that can be sent to clients.
- This tool can scan internal and external links on your website.
- It helps you to test the speed of your site.
- You can visualize the structure of a web page with ease.
- Sitechecker.pro also allows you to check indexing issues on landings pages.
- It enables you to prevent hackers from attack.
7) Visual SEO Studio
Visual SEO Studio is a web crawling tool that crawls exactly like a search spider. It provides a suite to inspect your website quickly.
- It helps you to audit a backlink profile.
- Visual SEO Studio can audit XML Sitemaps by web content.
Oxylabs.io is a tool that helps you to capture data from the search engine and e-commerce website. It provides flexible web data collection features.
- Allows you to customize according to your business needs.
- It can effectively handle all captchas.
- This tool can fetch data from complex sites.
- Oxylabs.io is easy to scale without managing IPS (Intrusion Prevention System).
80legs is a crawling web service that enables you to create and run web crawls through SaaS. It consists of numerous server that allows you to access the site from different IP addresses.
- It helps you to design and run custom web crawls.
- This tool enables you to monitor trends online.
- You can build your own templates.
- Automatically control the crawling speed according to website traffic.
- 80legs enables you to download results to the local environment or computer.
- You can crawl the website just by entering a URL.
10) Dyno Mapper
DYNO Mapper is a web-based crawling software. It helps you to create an interactive visual site map that displays the hierarchy.
- This tool can track the website from tablets, mobile devices, and desktop.
- It helps you to understand the weakness of your website or application.
- Dyno Mapper enables you to crawl private pages of password-protected websites.
- You can track keyword results for local and international keyword rankings.
- It enables developers to develop search engine friendly websites.
Oncrawl is a simple app that analyzes your website and finds all the factors that block the indexation of your web pages. It helps you to find SEO issues in less amount of time.
- You can import HTML, content, and architecture to crawl pages of your website.
- It can detect duplicate content on any website.
- This tool can handle robot.txt, a file that tells search engines which pages on your site to crawl.
- You can choose two crawls to compare and measures the effect of new policies on your website.
- It can monitor website performance.
Cocoscan is a software product that analyzes your website and finds the factor that blocks the indexation of your web pages. This crawler tool can find the primary SEO related issues in less time.
- It can identify important keyword density.
- Cocoscan can check for duplicate written content in any website.
- This tool can analyze your website and make your website searchable by a search engine.
- It provides you a list of pages with issues that could affect your website.
- You can increase Google ranking effortlessly.
- It offers real time visual image of a responsive website.
HTTrack is an open-source web crawler that allows users to download websites from the internet to a local system. It helps you to build a structure of your website.
- It uses web crawlers to download website.
- This program provides two versions command line and GUI.
Webharvy is a website crawling tool that helps you to extract HTML, images, text, and URLs from the site. It automatically finds patterns of data occurring in a web page.
- It can handle form submission, login, etc.
- You can extract data from more than one page, keywords, and categories.
- Webharvy has built-in VPN (Virtual Private Network) support.
- It can detect the pattern of data in web pages.
- You can save extracted data in numerous formats.
- Crawling multiple pages is possible.