Wix is easy to use the beginner-friendly drag-and-drop website builder industry. This unstructured web editor tool which allows you to drop elements anywhere you want on any page. With the help of Wix, the entire process of web building becomes smooth, simple, and fast. This build tool allows you to create a personal blog to a portfolio website or even an online store.
In this tutorial, you will learn:
- What is Wix?
- What is Shopify?
- Wix features
- Shopify features
- Difference between Wix and Shopify
- Advantages of Wix
- Advantages of Shopify
- Disadvantages of Wix
- Disadvantages of Shopify
- When to choose Wix and when to choose Shopify
Shopify is the best website builder around. This web builder tool offers rapidly growing service now powers over 800,000 online shops and the pricing plans. It provides a 14-day free trial, which allows you to check various functioning of this web builder tool.
This web builder tool is an all-in-one eCommerce solution designed which allows you to sell your products and services online. It is one of the easy to use online store builder, which allows you to add an unlimited number of products directly from the dashboard.
Here, are important features of Wix
- 500+ themes and templates
- Flexible: Websites, blogs, and online stores.
- It helps you to optimize for mobile use.
- Wix provides a secured shopping cart.
- Easy tracking for every order.
- Provide services like inventory and order management
- Offers feature for send & manage invoices.
- It has abandoned cart recovery feature
- Customer login/member area
- Built-in blog
- Multilingual stores
- Track traffic with Google Analytics
- Integrate with Square POS
Here, are important features of Shopify
- Stores are mobile-friendly.
- Manual order creation
- Real-time shipping calculations supported with more carriers
- More than 100 professional themes.
- Enterprise expansion available via Shopify Plus.
- Incorporate pro duct star ratings & reviews
- Extensive order fulfillment & shipping capabilities
- Integration with Amazon Marketplace.
- Powerful built-in blogging platform.
- Unlimited file storage on all plans
Here are the important difference between Wix and Shopify:
|It was founded in 2006.||It was founded in 2004|
|Wix is the best choice for small businesses and anyone looking to build their site||Shopify is undoubtedly a better eCommerce platform.|
|It helps you to optimize for mobile use.||It allows you to edit HTML and CSS directly.|
|WIX has quite a few online stores. However, the quantity hasn't quite reached that of Shopify.||Shopify is targeted towards eCommerce businesses, so it has themes that cater to your business needs.|
|WIX offers powerful multilingual app support that turns your website into any language you want to use.||Shopify struggles at this point as themes are designed to support only two languages.|
|With Wix, you will enable and disable taxes on your prices displayed on your store.||With Shopify, offers lots of of options to includes or exclude taxes from the pieces displayed in your store.|
|Wix has 60 completely free eCommerce themes.||Shopify has over 100 themes. All themes are mobile-responsive with a modern and sleek design.|
|Data centre and server locations are in Europe and the United States.||Data centre and server locations are Ontario, Canada.|
|It has abandoned cart recovery feature||Not offers such a feature.|
|Wix is one of the easiest and intuitive platforms to use.||The good thing about Shopify is that its platform has been created, especially for eCom stores.|
|Support only by phone or their forums, which is also limited to business hours only.||Good customer service. They offer you 24/7 support by email, chat, and phone.|
|Not offers any customize order confirmation emails.||Customize order confirmation emails.|
|Essential features of Wix Stunning templates, total freedom of designing, unlimited fonts.||Important features of Shopify Greate API integration options, Business-friendly, Intuitive interface.|
|Companies using are DeviantArt, Embibe, ConsenSy, HoneyBook, etc.||Companies using are Telsa Motors, Wikipedia, Soylent, Gatorade, etc.|
Here, are pros/benefits of Wix
- A wide selection of professionally designed templates.
- Drag-and-drop store builder built-in.
- Offers photo galleries for showcasing your store products.
- Offers 100 fully customizable templates.
- Unlimited products & bandwidth
- Free hosting & SSL certificate
- Provide checkout on your domain
- Wide range of responsive and eCommerce-designed templates.
- Great server response time.
- Powerful design and SEO tools.
- It comes with a large number of templates filtered in many categories.
- It provides free hosting and the freedom to make your store look exactly the way you have imagined
- Wix also offers free tutorials about how to use the platform.
- Integrated Wix HTML5 editor for customizing every page
- Add features using the App Market and Wix Events
- No coding skills needed with a drag-and-drop builder
- An ideal tool to build small sites on a budget
Here, ae pros/benefits of using Shopify web builder tool:
- Offers abandoned checkout recovery.
- Built-in and the platform which is designed for online store management.
- Proprietary shipping platform for carrier discounts and label printing
- It provides excellent performance and a great uptime guarantee.
- It allows you to connect with your domain.
- Marketing and SEO optimized
- Shopify offers free hosting which means you need to getting an account and then creating your products
- It provides many SEO options and social links, which helps you with your product and website promotion.
- Modern and user-friendly admin area interface
- It can be pretty natural for every user.
- Plans include a website builder features of Shopify themes
- Get instant help with your name, logo, and online presence
- Developers can quickly build on the platform with the help of API
- Shopify experts offer 24/7 service and ready to assist you
Here, are cons/drawbacks of using Wix web builder
- It might get pricey with more expensive plans and premium templates
- Not many free templates and premium templates are quite expensive
- Offers only basic SEO integrations
- Purchasing an email accounts cost extra
- It doesn't help you to change the templates
Here, are drawbacks/cons of Shopify:
- Several limitations for bigger online stores not best studied for enterprises.
- Not offers any secure uptime guarantee.
- Shopify offers free hosting which means you won't have to do anything else other than getting an account and then creating your products
- Offers many options for SEO and social links that help you with your product and website promotion.
- The admin area looks modern and user-friendly
Select Wix builder if:
- Suited to bigger businesses
- Wants to do multi-channel selling across Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms
- Best sales tools on the market
- Built-in analytics tools
- If you want supports more payment gateways
Select Shopify builder if:
- You need multilingual stores
- You want more payment gateways
- Suited to websites selling a few products
- Lots of creative control
- Better blogging features
- Can build a store for free
- Wix is the best choice for small businesses to create web presence while Shopify is a better e-Commerce platform
- WIX offers powerful multilingual app support whereas Shopify only supports two languages
- Wix does not provide any customize order confirmation emails while Shopify provides customize order confirmation emails.
- Wix support only by phone or their forums, which is also limited to business hours only while Shopify offers good customer service as they provide 24/7 support by email, chat, and phone.
- Wix has abandoned cart recovery features, while Shopify does not have such a feature.
- Wix has 60 completely free eCommerce themes, while Shopify has over 100 themes.
- Essential features of Wix Stunning templates, total freedom of designing, unlimited fonts while Shopify offers like Greate API integration options, Business-friendly, and Intuitive interface.